We would like to underline the following important recommendations:
- understand and study your emergency system
- thoroughly check it before each flight
- carry out regular maintenance as advised
- read the safety bulletins published
- know what to expect in hypothetical cases of deployment
- carry out practice dummy runs, (memorize and simulate deployment in different situations, introducing different levels of difficulty, with your eyes closed)
- always be prudent
Recommending prudence is a bit like saying drive carefully, it may seem generic and insufficient, but it's the ony thing we can say through various experiences as a pilot.
Having an aeronautical mind-set means first of all being thoroughly knowledgeable, but it's not always possible to learn all this before flying. I believe that to gain a good level of experience it is necessary to proceed with humility and caution.